I. GENERAL POLICIES
A. The name of the organization shall be GFWC Middle Atlantic Region (GFWC MAR).
B. The purpose of GFWC MAR shall be to promote a better understanding of the structure, program, and challenges of GFWC.
C. The membership of GFWC MAR shall include clubwomen from Delaware, New Jersey, New York, and Pennsylvania.
II. FINANCIAL POLICIES
A. The fiscal year shall be from July 1 through June 30.
B. Annual Dues – Each state federation shall pay annual dues of $100.00 payable on or before the Annual Meeting.
C. The Treasurer or President shall be empowered to sign all checks.
D. Authorizations for spending funds from the Region General Account or Conference account over amount in either budget shall be authorized by a vote of the officers, which may be taken electronically.
E. Annual Meeting and Conference Expenses
1. The GFWC MAR Treasurer shall control the GFWC Middle Atlantic Region Annual Meeting and Conference bank account. The account will receive all cash and checks forwarded for the Annual Meeting and Conference. Checks will be written on the account to pay for Annual Meeting and Conference expenses. The account shall maintain a minimum balance of $4000.00
a. The Treasurer shall receive a copy of the completed contract for the Annual Meeting and Conference.
b. All expenses for the Annual Meeting and Conference shall be approved by the Region President and Conference Chairman prior to presentation to the treasurer for payment.
2. Deposits needed for the conference shall be taken from the conference account.
3. Registration Fee – The registration fee for those attending the Annual Meeting and Conference shall be determined by the Board of Directors. Registration fees shall be applied to the expenses of the Annual Meeting and Conference.
4. Financial Reports:
A budget for the Region Annual Meeting and Conference shall be prepared by the GFWC Middle Atlantic Region officer who will be serving as president at the time of the conference, the officer who will be serving as hostess state president at the time of the conference, and the designated chairman for that conference. The budget of the conference shall not exceed the sum of $4000.00 over the amount collected for food and beverages. The proposed budget shall be presented to the GFWC Middle Atlantic Region officers for approval by January 1st of the conference year.
a. Requests for reimbursement for Annual Meeting and Conference expenses by officers or committee members shall be submitted along with receipts for expense verification to the GFWC MAR Annual Meeting and Conference Chairman within 14 days following the Annual Meeting and Conference.
b. The Annual Meeting and Conference Chairman shall submit a detailed financial report along with expense verification, together with a check for surplus monies made payable to the GFWC Middle Atlantic Region, to the Treasurer within 60 days following the close of the Annual Meeting and Conference. A copy of the Financial Report shall also be sent to the President. The report will be distributed to members attending the semiannual meeting following the conference.
5. Profits/losses from an Annual Meeting and Conference shall be the responsibility of the GFWC Middle Atlantic Region.
6. Region Annual Meeting and Conference registration fees shall be waived for current Region LEADS attendees.
F. Redistricting - In the event of a redistricting of the Region by GFWC, the remaining funds in the Region treasury shall be prorated on a state federation basis and shall become the property of the corresponding constituent organization. In the event of dissolution of the Regions, the remaining funds in the Region treasury shall be refunded to the member state federations on a prorated basis.
G. If funds are available, a gift to the GFWC Headquarters shall be selected by the Board of Directors and presented at the GFWC Convention in the even-numbered years.
The officers shall be President, Vice-President, Secretary, and Treasurer selected in the following rotation: Pennsylvania, New York, Delaware, New Jersey. The offices of Secretary and Treasurer may be combined if the Region deems it advisable. Eligibility – Candidates for office shall:
1. Be a member of a club in active membership in the Region.
2. Have served at least one term on the GFWC Board of Directors.
3. Each candidate shall be endorsed by her state. The endorsement shall be obtained at the state convention assembled in the odd-numbered year or, in the absence of such previously identified convention, by the endorsement of 2/3 of the active clubs in the state federation. Endorsement shall be properly documented and sent by certified mail to the Region Nominating Committee Chairman.
F. No state may have more than one officer serving at the same time.
G. No officer shall serve more than one consecutive two-year term in the same office.
H. Vacancies – A vacancy in any elective office shall be filled by election of the Board of Directors of the Region for the unexpired term. The resident state of the vacating office shall notify the President in writing of its nominee to fill the unexpired term.
I. Duties of Officers
1. The President shall:
a. Preside at all meetings of the Region and Board of Directors.
b. Serve on the Board of Directors of the GFWC.
c. <span class="WEBON_LINEHEIGHT" style="line-heigh